Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly grease the foil-lined baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
2. In a medium bowl, combine halved Brussels sprouts, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and toss to combine. Place onto a foil-lined baking sheet, cut side down, and roast in the oven at 400 F for about 20-25 minutes.
3. During the last 5-10 minutes of roasting, turn them over for even browning, the cut sides should be nicely and partially charred but not blackened.
4. To prepare butternut squash, lightly grease another foil-lined baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
5. In a medium bowl, combine cubed butternut squash (peeled and seeded),1 tablespoon of olive oil, maple syrup, and cinnamon, and toss to mix.
6. Place butternut squash in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once half-way through baking, until softened.
7. Note: You can roast both Brussels sprouts and butternut squash on 2 separate baking sheets at the same time, on the same rack in the oven.
8. In a large bowl, combine roasted Brussels sprouts, roasted butternut squash, pecans, and cranberries, and mix to combine. For more sweetness, add 2 or 4 tablespoons of maple syrup, if desired – do not add all maple syrup at once, start with 2 tablespoons, then add more, if desired, and toss with ingredients to combine.
9. Serve warm as a side dish or cold as a salad.
Nutrition FactsCalories: 280
Fat: 19 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Sugar: 14 g
Sodium: 160 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 4 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg