Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
1. Place the carrots, celery, onion, and olive oil in a 6-quart Dutch oven or soup pot.
2. Allow the carrots, celery, and onion to simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally for around 10 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the garlic salt, chicken stock, water, and 1 cup of milk to the mixture and stir until combined.
4. Add the pepper, dried oregano, bay leaf, and shredded chicken. Stir into soup mixture.
5. Allow the soup to simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
6. Whisk together the remaining 1 cup of milk with the ½ cup flour until no lumps remain.
7. Pour this into the soup mixture and whisk until combined.
8. Place the long grain and wild rice and seasoning packet into the soup; stir until combined. Allow the soup to simmer for 20 more minutes, or until the rice is tender.
9. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition FactsCalories: 230
Fat: 4.5 g
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Protein: 23 g
Cholesterol: 50 mg