Prep Time: 45 min
Cooking Time: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Scrub beets clean, pat dry, and remove stems. Place beets cut-side-down on baking sheet and rub with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and roast for about 1 hour, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
2. Once cool enough to handle, peel skins off beets and slice into wedges (about 1/4-inch thick). Place in a bowl. Add red onion and lime zest to beets and toss together. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, white wine vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season generously with black pepper and pour over beet mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Shortly before serving, cut ends off oranges, then cut away peel and outer membrane. Slice orange into thin wedges.
5. To prepare the salad, arrange arugula on a platter. Pour beets and dressing over the top. Scatter with orange segments, cilantro and crumbled cheese. Season generously with black pepper. Serve immediately.
Fat: 12 g
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Sodium: 200 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 6 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg